Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wow! I met EllynAnne Geisel!

Photobucket

That's her! That's me! She signed my books! All three of 'em!

Okay, enough dorky me. Hubby was sweet enough to drive us to Greensboro last night so I could meet and listen to one of my idols!

I thought it started at 7:30 pm. Good thing we were what we thought was early cause it started at 7:00 -DOH! Thankfully, I didn't miss much.

Mrs. Geisel is as adorable as you think she would be! Her story telling is like her writing - exuberant, witty, sweet and full of knowledge. But in the books you don't get to see her replay finding a super item in the bottom of a box in an Antique store! I swear we are related (at least by spirit) cause she, like I, will jump up and down and squeal with delight! Even if people are looking ;)

If you haven't read her books - what are you waiting for!?!?! Apronisms, The Apron Book and The Kitchen Linens Book. Go! Get 'em, Read 'em, Love em!

More nonsense later!
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Whatcha thinkin?