Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weigh - In Wednesday

Good morning folks!!!

Last week I told you my doctor told me to lose some weight.

Today I am happy to say that my efforts are paying off.

I have switched my usual forty-eleven diet sodas a day to 4 or 5 and lots of water. I am working on the aimless snacking. I luuuuuv pretzels and popcorn. I have really, really, really been working on the 5 a Day fruits and veggie goal. BillHubby and I have been trying to walk every day even though I didn't stretch enough and got some lovely shin splints - ugh! But throw in some yard work and serious porch cleaning and I am getting in more calorie burning activity.

My weigh -in this morning -down 1.5 pounds! YAY!!

Gotta run now! Actually I don't run. When I did I looked like a cartoon character with legs flailing.

What I mean is that I gotta get outta here.

BIG DAY!!

My BFF Anne and I are meeting up the road with Bea from Bea's Blabber! We discovered we live a few miles apart, okay 30-40 minutes. But we are meeting in the middle to go THRIFT SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited! Anne knows all the great spots in Durham, NC so she will be the tour guide.

If you are in the area and see a big black Trailblazer with 3 "old" ladies just a-laughin blow the horn!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the weight loss. I started Weight Watchers a week and a half ago and have really stuck with it and somehow I've managed to gain 3 lbs!!! I'm so upset, but I'm sticking with it. It has worked for me before and I know it will again. I just have to hang in there. Sounds like you are making some wonderfully wise choices. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mindy! It's always easier to gain than lose weight. I know a little about Weight Watchers. If you are following their meal plan and/or eating their foods then your body may be adjusting to good calories. You'll lose weight. I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete

Do tell! Whatcha thinkin?