Friday, January 7, 2011

Blog Blues

Thank goodness we survived the Holidays!
For many reasons this time of year is always tough on us but we do muddle through.
This year was especially tough for us as just 2 days before Christmas, 
we lost our 13 and 1/2 year old Porter Gangs Our Rascal Petey.
 
 Petey was a ham - he'd pose for pictures.

 He liked to keep up with current events.
I'm quite sure at least one of them had just farted. 
Petey was quite excellent at it as well as snoring!

 Petey loved to hunt for frogs,

 
 play in the snow

 and ride in the car.
 
He could do a Show Dog prance - his parents were champions.

He could hang with the big dawgs

 and tackle the biggest sticks.

 So many stories.
Such a sweet baby.



 

15 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your Petey. It's so hard to lose a special pet. I still miss my Willow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you lost your Petey. They leave such a huge hole in our lives when they pass...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Becky, I am so sorry! It looks like Petey lived a wonderful, happy, puppy life! My dogs are everything to me! I'm so sad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Petey-I know that you are missed. Much love to you and your family Ms. Becky. The Pedersen pups are sending snuggly kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry, i've had one good dog, she died a few years ago and i've not had one since. she was 11...but if you promise to spoil me and take good care of me, i can be your replacement doggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, i'm putting your cute little thimble girl on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. fyi: your code under your button don't worky...I just used your url..fixed it on my end

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear of your loss--it's always so sad when a pet dies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss...((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so sad to hear you lost your sweet Petey. The photos you have are wonderful, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your loss, Becky. I'm thinking he's up in puppy heaven playing with our Jake & Elwood:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Petey looks like a great guy. What a sweet baby!! I'm sure you miss him like crazy. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Becky,
    I really am quite sad to read of Petey's death. I wish I could have met him. Please accept sincere condolences from me, Teddy (Border Terrier), Travis (English Springer Spaniel) and the Reclusive Mrs. Hogue.
    Sorrowfully,
    Bascom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl.. We met last night at the PNC.. Was checking out your blog and saw where you lost your baby.. I am so sorry.. He looked like a mighty kewl bud to have around..
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete

Do tell! Whatcha thinkin?